THAW BRAWL UPDATE- MONDAY, MARCH 24TH

HELLO RACE FANS AND DRIVERS, JUST WANTED TO UPDATE EVERYONE ON WHERE WE STAND ON THE RUNNING OF THIS WEEKENDS THAW BRAWL. I WAS ABLE TO WORK THE RACE TRACK BOTH SATURDAY AND SUNDAY AND IT IS IN GREAT SHAPE FOR THE WEEKEND. THE TRACK WILL NOT BE AN ISSUE AND DON’T BELIEVE THAT ANY OF THE RAIN / SNOW THAT IS IN THE FORECAST FOR TODAY AND TOMORROW WILL BE A ISSUE EITHER. THE TEMPERATURES FORCASTED FOR THE WEEKEND ARE ONLY A COUPLE DEGREES OFF OF WHAT WE HAD THIS TIME LAST YEAR, SO I DON’T FORESEE THAT BEING A ISSUE. PLEASE DO NOT LET THE TEMPERATURE KEEP YOU FROM MISSING THIS GREAT EVENT. HOWEVER, HAVING SAID THAT WE WILL BE WATCHING THE WEATHER ALL WEEK AND IF THERE IS A DRAMATIC CHANGE THAT WILL HAMPER OUR PLANS, I WILL LET YOU KNOW A.S.A.P. WE MAY ALSO DECIDE TO ALTER THE SCHEDULE OF SATURDAY’S EVENTS SUCH AS STARTING AN HOUR OR SO EARLIER. I WILL KEEP YOU POSTED ON THIS. ALSO WE HAVE ALWAYS HAD SUNDAY THE 30TH POSTED AS A POSSIBILITY TO RACE IF WE HAVE A WEATHER ISSUE AND DECIDE TO RACE SUNDAY, WE WILL MOVE EVERYTHING UP A COUPLE HOURS TO GET IT DONE AND GET THE PEOPLE HEADED HOME.

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION-
LATE MODEL FEATURE FRIDAY NIGHT IS 35 LAPS
SATURDAY NIGHT WILL BE 75 LAPS
BOTH NIGHTS WE WILL HAVE DOUBLE FILE RESTARTS IN BOTH LATE MODELS AND MODIFIEDS
MODIFIEDS WILL RUN 30 LAPS FOR $ 1,500 TO WIN EACH NIGHT

DRIVERS- LATE MODEL TIRE RULE IS LM 20 & 40
MODIFIED TIRE RULE IS EMOD D,A,H
RECEIVERS ARE MANDATORY IN EVERY DIVISION AND WE WILL HAVE RENTALS AVAILABLE.

THANK YOU,

TONY IZZO, JR.

March 23

LaSalle Speedway has cancelled the practice that was scheduled for this Sunday, March 23rd
to focus their efforts on the preparation for next weekends third annual Thaw Brawl on March 27th, 28th, and 29th. All intentions and plans are to do all we can to have the Thaw Brawl, so once again we felt it would be better to keep working towards that plan. We are optimistic that if we can get some sun and wind this weekend and all goes well, we will be right on schedule. However, if weather does not help over the next several days, we will be left with a decision to be made on the race, and that decision will come at the earliest possible point that we feel we will be left with no other decision but to cancel the event. We will not make anyone play the waiting game if at anytime we don’t feel this will happen for what ever reason, you the fans and racers will be first to know.